July 17, 2005

Fun? in Davis? no way...

But yes, I actually had a good time in Davis this weekend. Adventurous...but fun. Here is the story of my trek to the middle of nowhere.

With the odds against me, I started my journey to a point somewhere in the middle of the Central Valley. The first adventure happened on the drive up when my back right tired shredded up. So I had to sit out on the blacktop of a McDonalds in Fremont and change out my tire to my spare. And it was really really hot. I was just glad I knew what I was doing since I couldn't get ahold of my family. Any of them. But, after that small adventure, some nasty traffic, and 3 hrs, I finally made it to Davis.

As I stepped out of the car, a wave of absolutely burning heat washed over me, and I knew I had made it. The temperature: 104. The weekend: just beginning. As I walked in the house, it was like walking on to a battlefield. Half naked bodies strewn about the house, eyes closed, movement at a minimum, and strange moans from time to time. The house was a cool 96 degrees though, so it was a nice relief from the harsh, outside world. As I drop my stuff off in my room, Kent arises and sees me through the hallway. A manly embrace ensued. I then tore off most my clothes and attempted to stay cool.

Also in our attempt to stay cool, Kent and I crashed in at Emily's place, where they were running their AC. After a little while there hanging out, we went home. (nothing exciting really happened here)

Matt Kent and I went out to see Wedding Crashers on Friday night. And, I must say, it was awesome. Probably the funniest movie I have seen in ages. Surpassing Dodgeball, Anchorman, and other classics from last summer. Vince Vaughn is a god. I'd say it was his finest role ever. If you haven't seen it yet, GO SEE IT! And call me when you do, cuz I'd love to see it again.

After the movie we returned to Davis and Matt retreated into his hole of homework despair. Kent and I decided it was too hot in our house, so we grabbed Chanel (sp?) and took a walk down to this park next to Cuarto. We hung out there for a few hours, ventured back (via Safeway for a drink), and dropped off Chanel (once again, spelling...not my strong suit, tell me if this is wrong and I'll change it) at her sister's house. We then went off in search of dinner (at Del Taco). After a hearty dinner of beans and meat, we decided it was still too hot and we ventured off to Eastlake in search of a swimming pool. We grabbed Jonelle (and her key to the pool) and headed off. It was a lotta fun chilling out there. We talked about a lot of good things (including a new missing for Kent and I to partake in) and went home to sleep after we turned all pruney.

Saturday I woke up in the morning, but Kent likes to sleep during the day instead of during the night. So, I chilled (figure of speech, it was already hot) in my room and read through some of my magazines. Once Kent finally awoke, took a shower, and got all dressed, we went off to Taco Bell for some lunch.

After lunch we made Emily come over and hang out with us (which she grudgingly did) and we finally decided to go to Target in Vacaville. I bought the game Risk and two cheap movies I'd never seen but look very good. We then got to visit Kent's mommy for a little before venturing back to Davis once again. Emily took off for Sacto and we went home where we were visited shortly there after by Jakkers.

Jack is an awesome guy. And he kicked it with us the rest of the day and night. We grabbed some dinner at J inthe B and came home and played a game of risk. We then made a short appearance at Vanessa and Sarah's party and kidnapped Chanel and took off for Jack's pool (at his papt complex). Had a blast there. I love swimming, and I will probably be spending a lot of time there when I go back in August.

After swimming we returned to the house and watched The Tao of Steve. Then we walked Chanel back to Vanessa's house and Jack took off, and then they both came back (I guess we're just irresistable) and threw on Rounders. I went to bed though because I was exhausted.

This morning (Sunday, for those keeping track), Kent, Jack and I went out to a lovely breakfast at a fine little establishment in extreme Eastern Davis (Cindy's btw). Breakfast was good. I don't go out to breakfast very often, so that was nice. Then I came back, chilled (once again a figure of speech) around the house until I took off at 1.


All in all a good weekend. Saw some good people, met some good people, and just had a good weekend. I'm actually looking forward to going back to Davis in August to hang out with everyone again. But, I will enjoy the cooler weather here in the Bay while I can.

Oh, got to watch the A's win in the 14th today (I kno, the friggin 14th!!!). Pretty awesome. Only 2 1/2 back in the wild card!

And I have work tomorrow, so I'll be going to sleep early tonight. But, yeah, to all those who hung out with me this weekend, I had a blast, and thanks for making Davis a bearable place. Feel free to IM me if you see me online. I'm not too hard to track down.

That's all for now. I'll come up with some amusing moments and things in a little bit, but for now, I hope you enjoyed reading about my weekend in a place hotter than hell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo. You know the weekend was tight. Haven't had that much fun in ages. And guess what, I know what it feels like to be the odd Republican out. No worries, we'll show 'em all. I'll keep in touch.

-Jakkers