OK, this is just a general rant of things on my mind. The point of this is to get them off my mind and go to sleep... We'll see how it works.
So I'm lying in bed and, as usual, my mind is racing with various thoughts and general crap on the brain. But, I was suprised when my thoughts strayed back to my dancing days of pre-college years. I thought of the awesome dance shane and i choreographed. That was probably the most fun I ever had dancing, b/c it was a hilareous dance. I think back to all the good times my teacher Mr. Phillip and I had. I wonder how he is doing. Despite his shortcomings, him and i became pretty good friends, and I miss him. I think back to the HeartThrobs/sweethearts program and all the awesome people there. All my friends I had, the teachers, especially Jane (for the first few), Tina, and the late, awesome Danny. All the summers spent in Las Vegas (and the one in NYC). Those were good times. Dance was my life. I spend hours a week at it, and I was good. And, yes, I miss it. When I gave it up, I was ready to. And, looking in the mirror, I know I could never again do what I once did. My feet start tapping sometimes. I'll do various dance steps in the hallway now and then. But it becomes less and less frequent. My past is slipping away from me, and as I continue towards whatever I'm going to do in my life, it gets harder and harder to remember the past, keep in touch with the people from my past, etc. It's sad, but I guess thats part of growing up and moving on. Sometimes, you have to trade the past for the present and future. I thought I had accepted that, which is why i was suprised to find my thoughts drifting back to dance. It would be nice to see all the old faces, although I highly doubt that is possible. Those were good times I had though.
wow, ok, um, other thoughts I've had tonight? well, there's always the stray thought about the girl I like (i think theres only one right now), and the thoughts of what I have to do over the next few weeks wander in and out of the brain (i have a lot to do the next few weeks before finals). I think about all the crap that happened this weekend, and how shitty I've been feeling lately. Luckily I'm feeling better, but my thoughts still linger there. I guess thats about it for now.
I really wish I could turn my brain off sometiems. It doesnt like me sleeping so it sends a buncha crap through my thoughts to keep me thinking and awake. But hey, I think this helped, so I'm gonna go to bed.
2 comments:
I find alchohol and other chemical substances help me shut my brain off. Course if you don't want to go that route you could always try meditation or somthing similar before you try to sleep.
i agree that drinking is the answer,
lol, jk, its really controlled substances,
lol, jk, memories are what make us unique, and let us move on, i loved some of the things i used to do, but i really would not want to go back, so i look forward to doing great things in the future
dr. brill
Post a Comment