April 04, 2011

MMR: Odds n Ends

First post of April, and I have nothing specific to write about.  I haven’t really had much to say for a few weeks, now…probably why posting has slowed down.  Hopefully inspiration will strike soon.  Until then, today’s MMR will be just an odds n ends rundown of what’s going on with me right now.

New Phone

I got a new phone this past weekend.  It’s an HTC Thunderbolt…and its pretty sweet.  I’m still getting used to the thing, but so far it’s a lot of fun.  The apps and games and whatnot, so far, have been free and useable.  The 4G is pretty friggin fast.  The UI is easy to use and well laid out.  Pretty cool.  Also, it means I didn’t get an iPhone, and still do not own a single thing from Apple.  I’m so anti pop culture.  Sorta…

Sharks

The Sharks have been playing very, very well lately.  Like 25-4-4 in their last 33 games good.  That’s scary good.  If they win tonight, they will clinch their 4th straight Pacific Division title.  Quite the turn around from where they were a few months a:  on the outside looking in and playing like shit.  If they can keep this kind of play up, well, they’ll be hard to beat in the playoffs.  I fear that they may come back to earth at some point…that no team can keep up a pace like this forever.  And then I remember the Pittsburgh Penguins from a few years ago who were in 10th in the East at the All Star break, stormed back in the last few months to make it to 4th in their Conference, and went on to win the Stanley Cup.  So, there is a precedence for picking it up and having it carry through the post season.  Honestly, the West is so wide open this season, that its probably going to be the hottest team that makes it through…the skill level is all so close.  And the Sharks are the hottest team in Hockey over the last 2 months.  Here’s to hoping they can keep it up!

A’s

The A’s season has begun.  Sadly, I’m not really paying attention.  In my eyes, its still hockey season.  I’ll follow them from a distance for now, and tune in when the Sharks season is over…hopefully in mid June.

Travel

No real travel on the books right now.  Since Boston and Hawaii in February, I’ve just been laying low and saving money and paying off credit cards and whatnot.  I’m starting to get a little antsy, though.  Maybe I’ll head down to Belize if/when Coach gets his bar set up (if that does indeed happen…its definitely a possibility).  That would be fun.  Based on the Sharks playoff schedule, I may or may not be heading down to Williams in a few weeks.  And I’m heading to San Diego with the family for Easter weekend.  So at least I’ll get out of the house a little bit.  

Golf League

The golf league I won last year is starting up again this week.  I’m headed out for my first match tomorrow.  Hopefully the weather stays good, and that my stroke is decent.  I haven’t swung a golf club since Hawaii, so I’m bound to be a bit rusty.  We’ll see how it goes.


Guess that’s it.  I know, a bit light, but really, nothing is going on right now.  Work, home, hang out, watch hockey, play video games.  It’s a simple life, but its what is necessary right now.  Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am putting a menu together now!

JMB