April 19, 2011

RIP Tabitha

Today my sweet baby kitty Tabitha had to be put to sleep.  She was a little over 16 years old.  Her kidneys had been failing for a while now, although she was a strong willed cat, and wouldn't go down without a fight.  Over the weekend, though, she took a turn for the worse.  She just wasn't comfortable anymore, and it was time.

Not gonna lie, this one's hit me pretty hard.  Tabitha was really the first family cat who I could say loved me the most.  She always showed up immediately when I came home, looking to be petted.  She's always settle in next to me when I was on the couch.  She picked my room as her hideout, and my closet for her even more secret hiding place.  Her and I just had this special connection...

...and now she's gone.

Turns out I have like no pictures of her.  But I did find a few on the blackberry, of varying quality.

Here she is ruling her lands from atop her roost...


Here she is among her latest peers, Titan and Misty...waiting to go outside.  Tabitha loved nothing more than to go outside.


And here she is outside, ever so happy to see me.


I'll never forget you, Tabitha.  I miss you...

3 comments:

quinnsue said...

We are all going to miss Tabitha. We've all had a tough couple of days. I loved the last picture. It showed all her attitude. She did love you bunches.

Anonymous said...

I shared a moment with this cat many years ago, with people making out to my left and right, and sweet Tabitha was there with me, sharing the awkwardness. She will be missed.

JMB

Julie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. She was truly a beautiful cat.