January 31, 2011

MMR: The Life of Pat

Time for a huge cop-out post. I don't feel like writing anything substantial (I have ideas for a post on the Egypt situation, the NHL All Star Game, the Republican Field for the 2012 Presidential Primaries, and the pending NFL lockout...but ugh...lazy. I'll get to some of those later this week possibly). So, I'm just going to do one of those posts where I meander around, talking about various things in my life right now. Yeah, boring, right? Ah well...its my blog, and its what I want to do! Wooooooooooo!!!

Boston

I'm heading out to Boston this weekend! Yup, another one of Q's Adventures is approaching, and it will be me freezing my balls off in Boston. I think the highest temperature I will see will be 30 degrees...with snow showers. Awesome. So, assuming I don't freeze to death upon landing, my bud Dustin and I will be seeing the Sharks play the Bruins, then will be heading out to see the minor league Sharks play in Worcester. That's just Saturday! Sunday and Monday are still up in the air, plans wise. But seeing Boston's sights will be on the list. Maybe driving to Maine for some lobster. Maybe not. Watching the Super Bowl with Pats fans could happen too, although I don't really want to cheer for anyone. We'll see. Come back home Monday night. Should be a fun trip. Boston is probably the one US city I've wanted to visit the most (of those I have yet to be to). So, yeah, looking forward to it.

Niners

The Niners got a new coach! Jim Harbaugh, from Stanford! Yeah, pretty awesome. I really have high hopes for him. Every stop in his coaching career, he's been successful. He's a QB guy who's always been able to find talent at the position and develop it well. That is the Niners' biggest problem, so this is encouraging. Needless to say, I've pretty much not cared about the postseason. I just want to see what Harbaugh is going to do with the Niners. The future is bright!

Hawaii

So, two weeks after the Boston trip, I'll be heading to Hawaii with my family! Hooray! I'll need it to thaw out from Boston. I love Hawaii...especially Kauai (the island we're going to). And we'll be there for a week, so that's pretty epic. Good way to spend a part of cold, dreary February! Gonna golf, and hang out on the beach, and go sight seeing, etc. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Yeah, February's gonna be pretty awesome!

Sharks

The Sharks aren't playing well enough this season to even warrant another sentence typed about them on this blog today.

Weather

The weather lately has been awesome...except this past weekend. It was spring here for two full weeks in January...with temperatures approaching 70 every day (even surpassing 70 a day or two). So awesome. This should be winter weather all the time. This weekend, though, there was this watery substance falling from the sky. Kinda odd. More 70 and sunny, please!
---------------------------------------------------

Guess that's about it for me. My life is boring...but hopefully this month will prove to be interesting enough! I'll try to get up another, more interesting post in the next few days before I leave. And then look for the Q's Adventures recap of Boston some time next week!

Cheers!

No comments: