So, yeah, you may or may not have noticed that neither an MMR nor a (T)MMR showed up this week. There are various reasons for this, none of them any good. The Niners' loss dominated my thoughts on Monday, and therefore I did not feel like writing. Tuesday came and went with nothing on the brain, and therefore nothing to write down. But now it's Wednesday, so I thought I'd bring back a Wednesday Afternoon Musings. Basically, I'll just write blurbs about whatever's on my mind. Seems to be an appropriate way to go since I have no one, single topic that I wish to ruminate on.
27 - We are currently 18 days away from my 27th birthday. Ultimately, this seems like a pretty underwhelming birthday. I mean, nothing exciting at all happens from 26 to 27. I guess I'll be able to say I'm in my late-20s, but I said that already. Nothing special happens at 27, and 26 flew by really, really quickly. I mean, did I even do anything of note when I was 26? Sigh. Guess I'm starting to get old.
On that note, I also don't think I'm doing anything for my birthday. For one, I don't have the money to go anywhere cool right now. And around here nothing is going to happen. Sigh, how boring.
Las Vegas - Part of the reason I don't have the money to go anywhere right now for my birthday is because I'm saving up to go to Las Vegas again for New Years. Going somewhere awesome to ring in the new year is pretty clutch. I haven't done Vegas for 2 years, so it's time to go back. Two years ago Bubs and I did New Orleans, and that was incredible. It was an awesome change from two straight years in Vegas before that. Last year I stayed home and went to a party with family friends. It was over by 12:05, and that really made me sad. It really didn't feel like New Years at all. So this year, hitting the road again. Vegas it is!
I'll be leaving mid morning on the 30th, and going to a Michael Goddard show. That should be awesome. Then the 31st is new years eve. And I was a fan of the evening of the 1st last time I did New Years in Vegas. Slightly less crowded, but still a party atmosphere. Should be pretty epic. Come home on the 2nd, back to work on the 3rd. Also, if anyone wants to come to Vegas, I'm still looking for someone to split the cost of a room with. If you've never done New Years in Las Vegas, then you need to do it. It is pretty unreal.
Williams - I'm headed out of town this coming weekend, driving up to Williams for the first time since the Super Bowl in February. That is all together too long to go without seeing some of my best friends. I'm also bringing a computer up to Kent that weekend, since he apparently fried his last one. I happen to have an extra one lying around taking up space, and Kent is poor so free is right in his price range. And it'll be good to see everyone...Coach, Kent, and Bubs (and Mikey on Friday night down in Sacramento). Looking forward to getting out of town for the weekend too.
Sharks - Hockey season is once again right around the corner, and the Sharks will be looking, once again, to try and win a Stanley Cup. Sadly, this year's team is not as good as last year's team, so I am highly skeptical of their chances. But I'll still be going to games and cheering my ass off for them. I have a SharksPak again, with 2 seats, so keep your ears open as I tend to spread that second ticket around to those who wanna go to games. I'm headed to Teal and White next week. Never been before, should be fun!
Niners - Grrrrrrrr...losing to Seattle 31-6 is utterly unacceptable. That's Lions-like. This team is not making the playoffs. And I'm not pleased about it.
Living Situation - So we're staying in our same house for another year. And our rent is going down! My rent is going down 110 bucks a month, which is pretty stellar. And I won't have added commute costs that I would have had commuting from the penninsula. Estimated savings over living on the penninsula: $300/mo. So, yeah, that had to happen. Now, hopefully, i can use that savings to help pay off the credit cards. And travel a little (Vegas for New Years, Boston to watch the Sharks in February). This is a good thing.
We're also upgrading the house, so to speak. We've cleaned up the 3rd floor and turned it into the hanging out room we've always intended it to be. Just waiting on Chris's new TV to arrive, and then his old one will move up there. Then I'll move my Wii up there, and maybe we can get a DVD player up there too, and it'll be an awesome place to hang out. I got my posters up on the wall up there, and it looks pretty good. Also, we're probably switching to DISH Network for our TV. We're going to get more TV (HBO, plus more channels) all in HD for less than we're paying Comcast for our TV right now. Ridiculous. Should be a good thing as well. All in all, it should be a good last year in the townhouse.
I still feel bad about backing out on my buddys up north, but I honestly couldn't refuse this situation. I'd be dumb to not take it. So it is what it is. I hope Sean and Christen don't hate me forever, although I understand they probably do right now and it's probably why I haven't heard from them at all since it all went down. I'm sure Sean will return a call or a text eventually, somewhere down the road.
Still, kind of a shitty situation in general. The timing is what was shitty, because if we had all decided to stay even a week earlier, it wouldn't have been an issue. But I understand situations change and whatnot, and you have to roll with the punches. I just hope I didn't lose one of my best friends in the process. Ugh.
Television - So it's September, which means it's time for all my favorite TV shows to come back with their new seasons! It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League return this week on Thursday (holy shit, that's tomorrow, sweet!). House is back next week on Monday. The Office and Community return next week on Thursday. And then South Park is back the first Wednesday in October. All in all, I'm looking forward to the new seasons of my favorite shows.
So, yeah, that's pretty much what's on my mind right now. Until next time, Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment