Happy 2010 to everyone! I am back after a brief break from MMR's to write some of my annual year end postings. Hopefully they were entertaining. If you missed any of them, please do go back and read them. I find them amusing, anyways.
Now, back to the ranting.
First, I would like to discuss how the other half lives. There are some people out there who do not celebrate New Years as I like to do. They find it to be a chore to stay up past midnight, and then as soon as the clock strikes midnight, boom, its time to go to sleep! Sigh. Sadly, I got to experience that this year, and it really did kind of put a damper on one of my favorite holidays...and I didn't even intend it to!
I went to a party hosted by some family friends. They rent some gaming tables (craps, roulette, etc) and have people over to enjoy the new year. Its a cool idea, and I did have a fun time. I got to see some friends I hardly ever get to see. I spent some time playing, and spent some time running the craps table. It was a nice evening. That's the first problem, though. It was nice. It was not epic. You have to realize, the last three years I have rung in the New Year in Las Vegas twice and New Orleans once. It was incredible, and helped vault New Years into the upper echelon of favorite holidays for me. Thus, this year was mostly a letdown. It was fun, but it was short, and ended 5 minutes after midnight, because everyone wanted to go to bed. This left me sitting around my parents' house at 12:30am on New Years wondering just what the heck I was going to do with myself for a few hours.
Anyways, this New Years taught me a few things. First, that I should appreciate the trips I've gotten to take for New Years...and I have been. I always appreciate having epic adventures. Second, I learned that not everyone shares the same enjoyment and zeal for the New Years holiday as I do. Third, I learned that I really should do my best to save up money and go cool places for New Years. Its something that makes me happy, and I should remember that in the future. Finally, it's not always going to be this way. Someday I may have like a wife and a family or something, and I won't be doing anything for New Years. Thus, I should live it up while I can!
I really did try to go into this New Years with an open mind and a determination to have a great time. Unfortunately, in the end, it ended up falling a little flat. Ah well, such is life.
Anyways, that's all for now. I'm sure I'll chime in later in the week with either more ranting, random thoughts, or amusing things I find while surfing the web.
Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment