The Minor League Baseball blog I frequent had an off-topic post up on Sunday
asking people what their favorite TV series of all time had been. Some people had all shows that were still running, but many had favorites no longer still on the air. I ended up having a bit of a mix. Anyways, I thought this would be an interesting conversation starter for the 2 or 3 people who still read and comment on this blog.
So, what are your favorite TV Series of all time? I'm going to list mine out, first broken up by those still airing, and those off the air now...and then I'll combine the best into an actual ranked list. Feel free to list your shows however you want.
Favorites Still Airing:
House (my overall favorite show. just love it)
South Park
It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia (I don't think I laugh harder watching any other show)
The League (Ridiculously underrated. It really caught its stride half way through its first season.)
24 (Jack Bauer = MAN!)
The Office (U.S. version…haven’t seen the British one)
Community (new this season, and I actually really like it. Joel McHale is actually pretty funny)
Entourage (the first few seasons were great…its starting to fade, though)
Family Guy (The early years were great...now a days its hit or miss for me)
Favorites No Longer Airing:
Futurama (people wanted it to be The Simpsons too much, and it wasn’t! It was actually far far superior).
Undergrads (it got canned after year 1, which is sad, because it was legit)
Scrubs (I don’t count this show as still running, because the new Scrubs on ABC is competely different, and not as good)
Chappelle’s Show (dude is hilareous)
The West Wing
Seinfeld
The O.C. (Don't ask why...I usually hate these kinds of shows, but this one hooked me. I didn't want it to)
Overall Top 10 List:
10. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
9. Chappelle's Show
8. The West Wing
7. Entourage
6. Scrubs
5. Futurama
4. 24
3. South Park
2. The Office (U.S.)
1. House
2 comments:
Ahh! You know undergrads?! I thought I was the only one who did. Totally awesome. I also have heard good things of The League, I'll have to check that out if I ever get free time again.
I'll do similar with my list and probably steal this idea for my blog as well since I apparently have readers.
Still Airing:
It's always Sunny in Philadelphia
How I met your mother (NPH and Jason Segal are amazingly awesome)
South Park
American Dad (Roger makes this show for me)
The Office (which might need to end soon if they're resorting to clip shows)
30 Rock (I'd be Jenna if famous)
The Soup (Joel is awesome)
Tough Love (sorry, I'm a chick, it happens and I really do look forward to it every week)
No longer airing:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I liked that it had a little of everything)
Firefly (best cast ever)
Scrubs (same reasons, though I don't hate the new one)
Arrested Development (if you haven't seen it yet, netflix it)
Julie's top 10:
10. The Office
9. Arrested Development
8. South Park
7. American Dad
6. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5. Firefly
4. How I met your mother
3. The Soup
2. 30 Rock
1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (has to be number 1 since I literally watch it every day and have yet to stop laughing).
I loved the first season of Arrested Development. But after that I fell out of love with it...and I assume I wasn't alone, since it got cancelled. It's definately got a huge cult following, though.
Undergrads was phenomenal...and the season ended with a nice cliffhanger...and then it was never resolved...which sucked!
Post a Comment