January 20, 2009

(T)MMR: YES WE CAN!!!!!1111one1

O-BA-MA! O-BA-MA! O-BA-MA!

The cries came from all directions as President-Elect Barack Hussein Obama walked out onto the stage at the Capitol Building to take his oath of office to become the first African American President in United States history. Millions (literally) came to Washington D.C. to witness this historic event. I watched on FoxNews streaming live online video. You know, I was at work. But President Obama said its ok if I neglect my work duties to witness history, so I did...a little bit.

Oh, man, did anyone see his oath of office? It was horribly bungled! Him and Chief Justice Roberts were definately not on the same page. President Bush didn't even bungle his oath like President Obama did. Man, that was just terrible. See what happens when he doesn't have his teleprompter? Don't they practice this stuff? I mean, that was one of the most important moments in Presidential history. It will be shown over and over and over again as the moment when our first African American President was sworn in, and he botched it completely. So much for the smooth talking President everyone wanted after Mr. Bush! I won't lie, I giggled a little.

Anyways, the most intriguing part of the whole inaguration to me was what happens to the former President after the change of power has taken place. Mr. Bush and Mr. Obama rode together from the White House to the Capitol Building for Mr. Obama's inaguration, and then they all walked out the back of the Capitol building and put the Bush's on a helicopter that would take them to Andrews AFB for their Air Force One ride home. Talk about a long and lonely ride.

I mean, this man was leader of the free world for eight years. When he moved, everyone around him moved. When he spoke, things happened immediately. And then, in the blink of an eye, its over. He's on a plane to his new home and new quiet lifestyle. Unlike Clinton, he doesn't have a wife who's going to get into politics to follow around and keep in the limelight. Unlike his father, he doesn't have a son to watch grow up to assume the Presidency. This is it for him. I just wonder what must be going through his head as he flies out of DC for the last time as President. And what will be going through his head over the next week, month, etc. It has to be a weird transition.

Back to the current President... So far, I'd have to consider Mr. Obama's Presidency a failure. Now, he has plenty of time to come through on his campaign promises, but, my taxes are not lower yet, the economy hasn't rebounded yet (actually, the stock market is down over 200 points so far today), and my unborn kids do not have free college scholarships yet. I'm still paying for my own health care (its supposed to be free now, right?), and, well, I'm not sure the world likes us any better at all (Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez said he smells the same stench of President Bush on President Obama...hmmmm, maybe they just don't like us because we're a superpower, and it had nothing to do with Mr. Bush...). Anyways, he's our President now, like it or not, and we should probably get behind him. I mean, if he actually becomes a good President, then I'll be all for him. I'm just not drinking the Obama kool-aid until he actually does something of note.

Finally, I wonder what liberals will complain about now? Most of the libs in office these days made their entire careers by Bush Bashing. Same with the liberal talking heads. Now they have their CHOSEN ONE as President, and big majorities in the House and Senate. They have no one to blame but themselves for anything that goes wrong over the next 4 years. They literally have nothing to complain about...does that mean they'll all be out of a job soon? We can only hope. Maybe the HOPE Mr. Obama has been talking about is my hope that liberal hate rags like the Huffington Post and DailyKos will shut down and stop spewing their bile now that President Obama and the Democrats are in power. Something tells me they'll find something to bitch about soon enough, though. These people are like Cindy Sheehan, if they aren't complaining, they're irrelevant. So they'll bitch and moan about something new every single time one of their issues gets addressed. People like that make me sick. It's why I could never be a Democrat and have idiots like them speaking for my party.

Anyways, here's to change! And to new beginnings! And to glorious Sharks victory!

No comments: