January 12, 2009

MMR: New Year, New Q

First, today is BQ's birthday. He's 39 again. Amazing! Everyone should wish BQ a happy birthday at some point. Sadly, he's spending his birthday flying to Japan, and will thus be in a plane the whole time (and will cross the international date line, making it Tuesday for him in a few hours...meaning he will miss out on a lot of his birthday as well). So he'll need all the well wishes he can get!

Second, good news! I have just passed the 25,000 mile mark in frequent flyer miles! That is enough for a domestic round trip ticket (assuming I book early enough). I can travel somewhere awesome again! Boston here I come! (or New York, or Philly, or Florida...we'll see).

My painting from the street corner in Jackson Square showed up today! This is good news. It will be up on a wall in my apartment shortly, so do look out for it if you ever come visit me.

And the last tidbit of Q news before I get back on topic...this week is going to be an interesting one for me, and probably not that happy...but it will be fine. I'm housesitting for my parents this week, you know, to watch and take care of the dog and such...which means my amazing commute to work will be put on hold for the week. Instead of the 4 minutes it took me to get to work today, it will take me 40 in the mornings. No fun at all. But I will have a house to myself and a big ass tv to watch 24 on tonight. So that works. Then on Friday I'm driving all the way down to San Diego. You know, it takes just as long to drive to San Diego as it does to drive to Las Vegas? But, alas, San Diego is where I'm needed this weekend. I'm flying back on Sunday night so I can get to work on Monday, so yeah, if anyone is bored on Friday, please give me a call as I'll be on my own driving for 8 hours that day, and will need as many distractions as I can get.

So, its the new year now. We are a full 12 days into 2009. My 2009 started off even more awesome than 2008 did. The New Orleans trip was much more interesting than a typical Las Vegas trip (although both were amazing, don't get me wrong). As 2007 became 2008, I made a toast that 2008 be much better than 2007 was (2007, remember, I almost died 3 times and didn't travel much at all...ugh). And it was! 2008 was great! As 2008 became 2009, I initially was hoping for 2009 just to live up to the high standard set by 2008. But you know what? Fuck that! I want 2009 to be even better than 2008! I want to do so many cool things that I can't even remember them all, even with keeping a list. I want to look back at 2009 next December and just be completely overwhelmed by the year.

And why shouldn't I? 2008 was great mostly because of the travel. And some of the sporting events I got to go to. But I had a lot of boring moments too! I don't deal with bordom well. I need more excitement in my every day life. The travelling is awesome, and gives me things to look forward to...but I really do need some things every day to look forward to and make my life more interesting.

So, 2009's goal is to spice up the monotony of the everyday life. I dunno how I'm going to do this, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm pretty smart. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh, and I also need a new vacation location to book...you know, once the last trip is paid off!

Peace!

No comments: