I just experienced "winter" in San Diego.
It's brutal.
I drove down Friday, the whole 7 1/2 hours. It really is a brutal drive. You get to LA and are all, sweet, I'm in SoCal! And then STILL have 3 hours to go. San Diego is way WAY south. But I got there, and it was 75 degrees and sunny. I had to change into shorts immediately. Yes, shorts in January. I told you winter is brutal in San Diego.
I saw a gorgeous sunset over the Pacific Ocean, and got to see the family, which was nice.
Saturday I woke up to a BANG, BANG BANG, BANG coming from my window. I was on the second floor, so this was odd. I look up, and there's a bird in my room. Yes, IN my room. And its trying to get out of my room...through the window. Not smart. Birds are not smart creatures. I try to shuttle it out the open part of the window, but it kept moving away from the opening. So I opened and closed the window a few times, and it finally got the picture and flew out. Titan found this rather intriguing.
Then I went to the airport to pick up mother, and we ate lunch in Old Town, and then watched a movie at the house, and then went out to dinner. Good times all around. It was 76 and sunny on Saturday, which was brutal once again.
Sunday I watched football and flew home. The whole weekend was very relaxing. I just enjoyed the weather, the sound of the ocean outside the window, and seeing my Baby Sister, who I never get to see! Sunday it was 77 and sunny...yeah, I know, you hate me now. This is how I spent my weekend.
Random weekend trips to warm locations in January are the best. I got to walk around in shorts and flip flops all weekend...it was glorious!
Anyways, this was a short and uneventful trip, but I wanted to talk about the amazing weather and the bird in my room, so there it is!
2 comments:
Pat, it was 100 degrees colder here and my pipes froze.
~Blake
Haha, yeah. Watching the weather on the news in San Diego, they were literally laughing at the rest of the country. Good times!
Post a Comment