August 14, 2008

Thursday Midday Ruminations

I'm assuming today is Thursday. I've recently been having trouble keeping track of what day of the week it is. Weekend and weekdays are even merging together. Both have been equally as boring.

Look at me, one weekend of doing nothing and I'm bitching and moaning! I must be truely spoiled. Which brings me to today's rumination: is it possible to travel too much?

Let's revisit my 2008 so far. I've spent weekends in Vegas, Lake Tahoe, Lancaster, Disneyland, Ventura, Hollywood; spent weeks in Florida, Washington state, and 8 days in Cozumel. I've spent a few weekends in Williams. And, even on the weekends I've been home, or somewhat in the area, I've gone to 3 Sharks playoff games, 4 concerts, played in a golf tournament, and gotten kicked off the beach. I've been somewhat busy.

But I'm starting to think I've been too busy. Weekends in which I have nothing planned are like deathtraps for me. I'm lazy and unmotivated to do anything when I don't have a major plan, like those listed above. Hanging out with friends, watching a movie, and maybe BBQing isn't even seen as "something to do" anymore. Since it's in Morgan Hill, and I'm not at least 150 miles from my house, I'm dissatisfied and antsy to hit the road.

Right now I have our abalone feed next weekend (8 days from now), and then a Vegas trip in October for my bday, and then New Years in New Orleans. That's about all I have planned. It's sad! I've been even overlooking "a simple camping trip" (even though I LOVE the ab feed, and really do look forward to it every year) because it does't measure up to where I've been this year so far. Vegas is my glimmer of travelling hope, and it's still a month and a half away. I feel the need to go somewhere every weekend, and that gets expensive.

I think I'm addicted to travelling. This could be a worse addiction than drugs or alcohol, as it is far more expensive. It could also lead to me taking more fridays off of work to spend travelling, thus leading to negative consequences at work.

I dunno, I guess I'm just getting stir crazy.

2 comments:

K Rée said...

I'm just going to keep reminding you that you have a place to visit in the awesome Midwest (for another 9 months til we leave for CA again)... so if the travel bug is truly biting, hit us up for a long weekend of Chicago and/or the greater Ann Arbor, MI area. It's a pretty sweet town.

We're heading to Nashville Sept 7 for the Jags @ Titans game, too. Don't tell Tom he's a spoiled rotten husband in that his wife feels compelled to take him around the country to see the Jags play. You're more than welcome to crash one of our Jags game trips, too!! :)

Unknown said...

You could come to glorious chico, and see such land marks as: my apartment (now featuring over 6 fans!), my office, my class room, and the dive bar we drink at!

JMB