It's April, and that means its the greatest sports time of the year. Well, one of two. October is the other one (Playoff baseball and the beginning of the NHL and NFL seasons...wow, October is the shit, its a better sports time than now!). And since October also contains my birthday and halloween.... Well, you can see why its the greatest month in the history of the universe.
Anyways, back to my initial point. April is a great time for sports fans. April and May. Why? Well, two major reasons...and then one minor one.
Major Reason Number One: The baseball season begins. After many long months of no baseball, BASEBALL IS BACK!!! And since the A's are my number one favorite sports franchise, and baseball is my favorite sport, this is big. This season I have a partial season ticket plan for the A's...all home weekend games. Its been awesome so far. I can't believe I'm going to be getting to go to A's baseball games all season long! I'm probably my happiest sitting in the Left Field bleachers in the McAfee Coliseum...its me in my element. If you want to join me for this amazing experience, let me know and I"ll snag some extra bleacher tickets. Its amazing. Anyways, baseball is a great sport, the A's are amazing, and the fans are great. Baseball's return is one reason why this is a great time for sports fans.
Major Reason Number Two: The NHL Playoffs. No playoffs are as amazing or intense as the NHL playoffs. You want to see an epic game between two teams who hate eachother and smash each other around and refuse to say die? Watch a 5 OT game in the playoffs. Its intense. Of course, its always better when my Sharks are in it (the Sharks being my number 2 favorite sports franchise). And if the Preds stop headhunting our players, we might even make it to the next round! Woot! Anyways, playoff hockey is incredible. If you aren't a hockey fan, then screw you! You aren't human!
Minor Reason Number One: The NBA playoffs. Some people care about this, I only sorta do. But I guess its a big deal for some people. It might be entertaining if the Warriors can hang onto their playoff spot...but its the Warriors, so I'm not holding my breath.
Anyways, I've just proven, without a shadow of a doubt, that this is one of the best sports times of the year. Anyways, I'm going to bed, so then I can wake up, go to work, and then come home and watch the Sharks kill the Preds.
1 comment:
YAY SHARKS!
Post a Comment