November 10, 2006

Indecision 2006

Hold on to your hats, boys and girls! The Democrats have seized congress, and the country is headed in a new direction! You know, if anyone can figure out what this new direction should be...

The citizens are mad about the lingering War in Iraq. I guess the new direction would have to come from there because the economy is doing very well, jobless rates are dropping, and the country itself was actually headed in the right direction. But the Democrats did a good job getting the nation pissed off over the war, hense the change in Congress and governorships.

But is there really going to be much change? Democratic Congress, but not a 2/3 majority. Republican Executive. I dunno, but that sounds like a recipe for inaction to me. Especially with the current hatred between two parties so close in ideology that most people cannot distinguish between the two.

Overall, I'm not too worried. I mean, the country's economy and such is headed in the right direction already, so maybe a period of inaction where we can just let shit continue to grow wont be a bad thing.

And the Democrats can bitch all they want about how were doing the wrong thing in Iraq, but they don't have a plan of their own (surprise, surprise!). And we cannot leave until the job is finished, otherwise we'd be handing a country over to insurgents and things would be even worse than they were before the war.

Wow, I really am growing tired of both of our parties. Can't we all just get along and pass legislation that is GOOD for America? And, of course, by good, I mean that which I deem worthy and that which helps me! Isn't that what America is all about?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is well-written. Clean up the language and a couple of grammatical/spelling errors and submit it to the Morgan Hill Times and your school newspaper as an editorial.

Love,
Mom