
Last summer, just like I will be doing this summer, I spent August and September in Davis because of summer school. Last summer, though, I spent 4 of the 6 weekends surrounding summer school out of Davis, and also a weekend between summer school and fall quarter. It was very nice. I got some schooling done, but I also got to enjoy my summer as it should be enjoyed.
This summer, I'm hoping to do the same thing.
This past weekend was a good start, as I once again went out to Ocean Cove on the Sonoma Coast for the Abalone Feed. Letsee if I can explain this to get everyone on the same page. Ocean Cove is about 20 miles or so north of Jenner on highway 1. Jenner is where the Russian River meets the ocean. If you are still lost, then you seriously need to go exploring around california a bit more. Anyways, every year my dad's office peeps go out and dive for abalones and then we have a big ol feed. Abalone is super expensive in teh store (its a delicacy, or something like that). But yeah, its super fun, and I've been going to this thing now for like 8 years or something awesome like that.
This year was no disappointment, as I had a great time again. This year the weather was spectacular. The fog cleared out real early, and it was sunny the whole day (Saturday). I didn't dive for abalone this year (I plan to next year), but I had fun traversing the coastline around the cove, bouncing from rock to rock and walking around the cliffs. And then, of course, the sunset was amazing that evening (see above picture). What was also nice about this year was there were people close enough to my age to be able to hang out with. Usually I have to supply my own (last year I brought Jack, Tom, and Kent). But this year Brandon had a few 18 year old (or so) nephews there, Alex and Matt Freohlich came for the day, and, of course, I brought Kent along (I let him tag along when I go places sometimes, lol). It was pretty awesome having ppl to enjoy this amazing place with.
Hopefully everyone reading this now who wasn't there is jealous and would like to come with me next year. And everyone is welcome, just ask me about it next summer! But yeah, this was definately a good start to the second half of my summer.
I hope to keep this going, although I'm not sure where to go. There's only so many trips home I can make and such. But I'm sure opportunities will present themselves.
Anyways, I'm back in Davis now for a while and will be looking to hang out most evenings, so hit me up. You know its always a kick ass time when we hang out, so lets do it!
2 comments:
It was great to hang out with you up there! I was always in your place in the past, no one my age! It was great to see you!
- Alex
We really should go diving one weekend. Its lots of fun and not hard to do, plus we are both always bored so it would be somthing to do.
-Dan
Post a Comment