July 31, 2006

Something Need Doing???

So, over the past, well, forever...I've noticed that the people I hang out with tend to have trouble figuring out things to do when hanging out or in their free time. We're always bored. In my old high school group, I was usually the one who got things together and planned things, but since coming home for this summer, we can't remember what we used to do, and have been having trouble thinking of things to actually go do. There's only so many movies to go see (or games of bowling to play, or rounds of mini golf..etc.). In Davis, its worse. Theres even less things in the area to do. I mean, you can go drinking...or, um, play video games? Yeah, thats about it. And I don't drink (too much), and there's a limit to how long I can sit at my computer.

So, yeah, this kind of worries me. I mean, I love hanging out with my friends, but the times we hang out have been becoming less and less because we can never figure out what to do (or find something everyone wants to do). Is this what happens when you start growing up and getting older? You get boring? That doesn't sound like too much fun. What do you do when you outgrow all the old games you used to play in high school, and have outgrown the stage where its an outing to go get blitzed outta your mind? You work, come home, go to sleep, repeat? That doesn't sound like much of a life.

Even now, when I'm going to school...go to school, watch tv/movie, go to sleep, repeat. It gets to be a bit monotonous...and its like pulling teeth to find people who will go swimming, or to the bowling alley with me to just have fun! If its a weekend night, or a week night, people eitehr wanna sit around and drink, or play video games. I dunno, it just doesn't seem like that great of a life to me.

This, of course, was all brought on by tonight...when I had a blast going bowling, out for pizza, and then mini golfing with a few of my buds. I love doing shit like that, but its becoming rarer and rarer that I find people who want to do those things as well. Kinda makes me sad. Maybe I just need to try harder to get people out and doing things.

Side note of reminder: I need to call Jakkers...remind me if I forget!

So, yeah, thanks to all my friends who have been willing to hang out and actually do things this summer. Reminds me of the good ol days of high school when we hung out all the time. :)

One more day of freedom until I go back to Davis. Then Ab Feed. Then, Summer school :( Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James-167
Pat-172
Blake-59