July 06, 2006

Oregon, Being Home, and the 4th

Time for a Pat update...

So the last few weeks I've been having some fun. My family and I (and Kent) went to Central Oregon for 10 days. We stayed in Sunriver (which is just South of Bend...and if that doesnt help, look it up). Anyways, Sunriver is very pretty and very fun. Over the 10 days there I played a lot of golf (which was both a blessing and a curse, as it is a rather frusterating sport at times). We went on an all day whitewater rafting trip one day, which was pretty awesome. We hiked (and crawled at points) to the end of a mile long lava cave...which is always really really cool (literally, its 42 degrees in there, always). Played some mini golf in the village square, ate like a king, and got a chance to relax. It was a great trip. I hadn't been to Oregon in probably 10 or 12 years, so it was awesome to go back and get to see it again.

The days I've been home from school and not on vacation, I've been working at my dad's office again. This time helping them decommission a storage locker they are getting rid of (one of those big Public Storage ones). Its been pretty good. I mean, I need to make money sometimes, right? It'll be nice to have a little extra cash.

I got home from Oregon just in time to have the annual 4th of July Pool Party. If you missed it, you missed another good one. My dad grilled up an excellent dinner, the pool was perfect, and it was nice and sunny. I think those who came had a great time, I know I did.


Yeah, kind of a bare bones write up, but there really isnt much to say if you werent there. So, on to the present. I'm around in the Bay Area for a few weeks. So, if you are home too, we should hang out. I'm gonna try to get ahold of some of you in the near future, but feel free to call me too!

OK, I'm out. Late!

No comments: