June 05, 2006

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did."

First, I have to say, I look fabulous in a toga. For more pictures of the evening, check out the 2802 Picture Gallery. Click on Toga Party, and you are set.

Second, I was very impressed that the majority of our guests showed up in toga's. Even Little Dan did! I was most pleased. I've always seen Davis as a rather tame town that has no idea how to party. Well, I still think that, but at least there's a little hope. Maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong crowd. Overall it was a good party, and I hope everyone had a good time. If you didn't come, you missed out. 2802 is closing up the party shop for the summer now, but if you are going to be around over the summer, we'll be hanging out most evenings, if you care to join us. The BBQ will be fired up, and we'll do our best to keep the house cool. Oh, and we have a bug zapper...good for hours of fun!

So, my summer is going to be rather random. As soon as finals are over next Tuesday (the 13th), I'll be off to Morgan Hill and will be working the rest of the week at my dad's office doing whatever they need me to do. Then I'm in a golf tournament that monday, working again that tuesday, and wednesday the 21st I'm off to Oregon with the family for a few weeks of vacation and fun! I haven't been to Sunriver in quite a while, so I'm looking forward to it. The I come back and stop in Williams for a few days for my guild's BBQ at Bubba's, and then I make it home just in time for Independance Day in Morgan Hill.

On that note, if you aren't doing anything for the 4th of July, come to Morgan Hill. I'm friggin serious, its a blast. We open the pool up, fire up the grill, and just have a great time. That evening we go watch the fireworks from the park, and maybe even go light our own in San Martin! Get ahold of me for more details, but I'm serious, you should all come!

Moving on. After the 4th, I might work at my dad's office a few more days (depends on if they need me or not) and then I will be teaching swim lessons with my mom for a few weeks. If I don't get thrown in jail for drowning little kids, I then might be taking a road trip to Michigan to help Tom move out there (although I haven't touched base on that, so I need to get on that). I also have an AN (Athletics Nation, my A's fan community) game to go to and the Ab feed is the first weekend in August. Something in there will have to give, and it won't be the Ab feed, I love that place.

Then I get to go back to summer school. I really was going to take this summer off, and not have to take any classes, but I need one class this summer if i plan on graduating after Fall quarter next year. So, from August 7th on, I will be in Davis. As I said above, come visit me and hang out...get my mind off the fact that I'm at summer school. After summer school I'll have a few weeks left before fall, which, as of right now, are unplanned...but I've gone to Disneyland with friends in that time the past few years, and I'm hoping to again. Lemme know if you are interested.

So, yeah, as I said, a random summer where I'll be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. But it should be a blast, and I'm looking forward to getting to spend some time at home. I might even get to see Nate! Holy crap that would rock!


OK, I'm off for now. I'll try to make the next post more thought provoking rather than an autobiography. Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And of course lets not forget the best part of the evening: dan and jean walking home together, getting separated and dan getting hauled by two cops to spend the night in the drunk tank!!

Sentrion said...

He only spent the greater part of the day in the drunk tank. His night was full of mud. Lots of mud.

Anonymous said...

Yea, that was a fun party.
-Dan