April 03, 2006

Moving On: Where To Go From Here.

It seems like a good time for this. Many things seem to be changing, and its time to look forward to the new challenges that lie ahead. If you are reading this and thinking "wow, you are right on Pat. Things in my life are changing," then I suggest you do what I am doing and look ahead at what lies in front of you. Do not dwell on the past and sit around and mope or worry about what could have been...live in the now and look at where you are going. Shit happens. Deal with it.

With that said, here's my attempt to both look back and move on from a few things in the past few months.

1. So, my friend Chris has passed on. His funeral this weekend was perfect, and the get togethers afterwards were very nice. They were something he would have enjoyed. Now I'm back in Davis, the Piccardos are 140 miles away, and I find myself asking "what now?" The grieving process is far from completed, but I can't sit around dwelling on this past week. I cannot go see the Piccardos on a regular basis, so I'm left to worry about how they are doing. But, Idid get to say goodbye to Chris. I watched wrestling with him on his last night on this earth, and I think that was big. He was always my wrestling buddy, and I'm glad I got to spend that one final night with him. And, I think we'll be alright. Chris was a good friend of mine, but as time passes I will continue to get over it. I'll stay busy (spring quarter is my favorite), and things will be ok.

2. Its a new quarter! Last quarter flew by, and I did alright. Now its time to face the new challenges this quarter's classes will bring. I mean, I'm not too worried about it. It should be interesting though. If I can survive this last quarter of Italian, I will be a happy camper. This quarter is also better for IMs, so I should stay busy. And as much as I really want to win the Softball league this year...I just hope we all have fun. I mean, it really is just IM sports ;)

3. The Pantheon LAN has come and gone (if that means nothing to you, skip to #4). And I think I found a renewed interest in the game. If nothing else, I've found another family of friends I know I can count on. The Pantheon is full of good people, and its fun meeting other people who up until now I've only know through their screenname in the game. Good times this weekend (at least the parts I could get to)...

4. I'm fookin confused over one last thing, but I'll figure my shiite out eventually. I'm usually of the opinion that all will become clear with time. So, I'll go with that and see where I end up.

On that note, I just want to tell everyone to keep their heads up, and look forward to the new quarter! It's going to be a good one...I can just feel it.

Oh, and 2802 is the solution to all life's problems, so drop by sometime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we need to have more parties

the James Brill