Its been a really, I don't want to say weird, but moreso, up and down week. I'll try to explain.
The underlying theme of the week has been that its finals week...which is never fun. I had four finals, spread out pretty equally throughout the week. The first one was at 8am on Friday, my last one was 4-6pm today (Thursday). I had two in the middle. I felt better about some finals than others. And that possibly led to the up and downness...
I got taken out to two excellent lunches this week by a good friend of mine. That was very awesome. I'll have to hit him back here real soon. But yeah, definately one of the high points of the week.
I had the weirdest sleeping schedule (if you can call it that) this week. Thursday night I did not sleep at all. Friday night I got about 6 hours. Saturday night I got about 11. Sunday night I got 3. Monday night I got 17. Tuesday night I got about 4. Wednesday night I got about 8. Up, down, up down. But then again, finals will do that to me.
Went for an awesome walk on Wednesday night, with some great company. It was good to get out and see the greenbelt again. It was also a good chance to clear my head. There's been a lot going in and out of it lately. Finals and other stuff. It gets to be a bit much to handle sometimes. Walks are great for getting myself back on track...and when the weather warms up, I'ma start going every night again.
Buddy of mine has had a rough week. I wish there was something I could do, but it really is his problem, and something he's going to have to deal with sooner rather than later. Although I havent talked to him in a few days, we will see.
There's been some other things this week. Conflicting feelings and such over various topics that I don't care to go into in a public forum as such. Just trust me its been playing with my head.
Finally, throughout this whole week I've had Chris in the back of my mind. It kills me what he and his family are going through. And it is very tough to watch. I saw him tonight, and it was vastly different from the last time I saw him. He can't talk, he can't walk, and you can tell he's in pain. I mean, they're keeping him as comfortable as possible, but people who moan while they breathe are definately in pain. I honestly do not know how much longer he will be around. I am glad I got to see him though. But now my head is swimming and I dunno if I'll ever get to sleep...
I need more than 5 days off. I'm looking forward to getting some real tome to sleep in and see family and friends (even though my mom wants me to go into her school on monday and work with the kindergarden teacher. I know it would be good for me, to see if I really want to go that route after college, but I seriously need a break from things, and I'm not sure this will help me). We will see how this week goes. Hopefully things will clear out of my head before I go insane and I can get some relaxation; get a chance to enjoy my time off. For now, I'm going to try to get some sleep in the hopes that tomorrow brings another up rather than a down.
Oh, and call me over break! I get great reception in Morgan Hill so we can actually talk!
No comments:
Post a Comment