March 22, 2006

Happy Spring Everyone!

So, holy crap, Monday was the first day of Spring...and I completely missed it! I don't know how. It's probably from all these finals I've had to take and still have to study for. Also, I kinda slept through almost an entire day (17 hours straight is no joke, man...but it did it between the hours of 7pm and noon, so its not like I mised the important parts of any days), so I guess Spring just snuck right past me. OR SO IT THOUGHT! BWA HA HA! Being as how it's now spring and I realize its now spring, its time to say why this is such an awesome occasion and give you all some tips on how to make the most of this amazing season.

Spring is my absolute favorite season. You can have your hot, muggy summers, I'll take spring any day. Why? you ask... Well, there are many awesome things that happen in the Spring. First, and foremost, the weather (at least here in California) turns beautiful! 70s and sunny. Now, all of you in SoCal are thinking "so what? thats a typical winter for us!" Well, here in this place called "slightly less idyllic California," we actually had a semblance of winter. It rained. It as cold. We even had a trace of snow on the valley floor. But soon enough this should all be ending. Break out those shorts and flip flops, because warm weather is right around the corner!

Next, Spring Quarter is my favorite time for IM sports here at school. Mainly, softball! Its the closest thing to real baseball I get to play, so I'll take it. Also, I'll get to play some intertube water polo as well, which is always interesting. Getting out in the sun and warm weather, playing some sports..what could be better? Also, with the warmer weather comes warmer evenings. I'll get to go for walks again! Despite its shortcomings, Davis does have amazing night weather when the days heat up. It makes for perfect nightly walks around the greenbelt, and I plan on getting back out there really soon.

As for sports, spring is also the time for many great professional sports moments. Of course, the baseball season starts. I like nothing more than going out to an A's game with my buds on a warm Sunday afternoon. It really is pure bliss. Also, the NHL playoffs are right around the corner. I love hockey, and I can sit there watching a 1-1 game though 6 OT periods and love every minute of it. Absolutely captivating. Also, if you are into basketball, this is a great season. The NBA has its playoffs soon (lame). But, its also the season of the NCAA tournament! If you want good, unpredictable basketball being played by kids who legitimately love the sport, look no further than this tournament. Also, brackets are fun!

Spring is the time for new beginnings. It is the first season to actually begin in the new year, so I plan on taking advantage of it. If something happened in the winter that was upsetting or just completely sucked...forget about it! It happened in that crappy season that just ended that is never any fun. Spring is a new lease on life. Make a decision you are going to go out and enjoy yourself! Sure, there's some school...but summer vacation is in sight. In the meantime, we are here at school with our friends and finally some nice weather (hopefully soon) in which to go out and have fun with them in.

So, as you can see...spring is clearly the greatest season we have. I plan on enjoying every day of it, and I suggest you all do the same. Now, if I could just get through this finals week...

No comments: