February 18, 2006

I'm still alive, I swear!

I realize I've kinda dropped off the face of the earth here for a few weeks. But worry not, I am still alive. Here is a short write up of the happenings in my life over the past few weeks.

~Its friggin cold. When the weather report says "chance of snow showers in Davis," its too damn cold. I know its still February, but just like 3 days ago it was in the 70s. Now its in the 30s? No way. Not in California that doesn't happen...

~The war against the mice is nearing an end. We only caught one mouse this week (bringing our total to 33), and I am expecting a shipment of steel wool in soon. This should stop new invaders from entering the premesis. It could be only a matter of days until victory is declared.

~I love the quarter system. However, my teachers could make better use of our time. The first four weeks of the quarter I had one paper due, total. Over the last three, though, I've had 6 tests/midterms and 2 papers. Seriously, I could have used some of this earlier to free up the last few weeks. Next week I'm busy again, but then I should coast into finals.

~Of course, the only week I've had free, for the most part, recently (this past week), I spent sick as a dog. The sore throat, the really stuffed up nose, the aching muscles all over the body, and the constant feeling that there was a 50 lb. brick on my head. Not fun. I definately don't recommend this sickness to anyone.

~Luckily, I'm feeling much better today, and was able to go out to dinner with some good people. Our WoW guild really does feel like a family sometimes. It's good to have so many families. :) Power Through Unity!

~The ol Valentines Day passed yet again with me dateless. I felt pretty darn sick that day anyways, so it was probably better I didn't have plans. I am getting sick of this "singles awareness day" though. Maybe I should get myself out in some more social situations. It's the only way I'll have a shot at meeting someone. Kinda hard to do so from inside my room.

~In an attempt to be more creative, and at the same time poke fun at "emo kids," I helped Kent craft a delightfully emo MySpace profile of himself. If you get a chance go check it out (see his AIM profile for the link). It is probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Emo Sucks!

~Oh, hey...my parents are spending the next week in London. I've deemed this to be entirely unacceptable, as I will not be with them. How dare they go away on an awesome vacation and leave their only son at home. Regardless of the fact that I have school, I think a trip to London would have been much more "educational." (if you can't tell, I'm jealous)


I guess that's it. I promise my next post will be far more entertaining or enlightening or something...I'm just not feeling overly creative tonight. Writer's Block, if you will. So I'm off. Have a great long weekend everyone...and in the immortal words of Jerry Springer "take care of yourselves, and eachother."

No comments: