There are very few places to go get some food late at night in Davis. Del Taco, however, has a 24 hour drive through. The following are two true stories from trips I have taken to the Del Taco drive through late at night.
Pat's note: I want to make it perfectly clear that no one was drunk, or even slightly intoxicated during either of these events. This is the kind of things we have to resort to in Davis to have fun.
Story #1: Tom is kidnapped and escapes.
Ben, Tom, and I are going to Del Taco for some grub one night and listening to Adam Sandler. When we get to the microphone to order, "sex or weightlifting" comes on, and a hilareous idea strikes me. In the middle of Ben ordering his food, I crank up the soundbite of two people sounding like they are having sex (*moaning* "oh, yeah, we are definately f*cking!..."). After the 15 second clip, i return the radio to normal volume, and we hear from the microphone "hello, are you still there," and without missing a beat, Ben finishes his order. Moving along... While waiting in the long drive through line to get to the window, Tom, who is sitting in the back of Ben's car, finds a way into the trunk from the back seat. He crawls back there and when we get up to the window, he starts banging on the back of the seat and the roof of the trunk. I keep hollering for him to keep quiet while we get our food. As we begin to pull away from the window, Tom pops out of the trunk, shirtless and slightly sweaty, looks around all lost for a few seconds, and jumps out of the trunk and starts running down the street. I leap out of the front seat and yell, "F*ck, he's getting away!" and take off chasing after him. Ben peels out of the drive through after us, and we reconvene for food and laughter.
Story #2: 3 trips through, 3 orders, 3 positions.
Ben, Kent and I are hungry and decide to go to Del Taco. However, we all are paying with our ATM card and thus cannot combine our orders. Logically, we decide that the best way to solve our dilemma would be to go through the drive through three times. The first time through:
Worker: Can I take your order?
Ben: Can I get three pancakes.
Worker: What?
Ben: Uh, yeah, a No. 8, macho, with a sprite...(he continues his order)...
He pulls up to the window as normal, pays for his food, and we pull around to start all over again. For the second time through, Ben pulls up so Kent can order from the back seat:
Worker: Can I take your order?
Kent: Yeah, I'd like three flapjacks. (catch the theme?)
Worker: What?
Kent: Yeah, a No. 9, regular sized, with a Dr. Pepper.
We pull around to the window so the backseat is in line with the window. Kent pays, gets his food, and we pull around for trip three. Trip three posed a dilemma for us though. How to get my window on the side of the Del Taco window. Logically, we entered the drive through backwards so I could order out of my window:
Worker: Uh, hi, can I take your order?
Pat: yeah, can I get 3 bean burritohahahahas. No sauce.
*background noice* "what the hell are they doing?" "don't worry about it, just take the order"
Worker: Anything else?
Pat: No. hahahahahahah!!!
And we continue through the drive through backwards and right up to the window. As we get there, the worker squawks "What the hell?" To which I reply, "What, I needed to be able to reach the window." I pay and while I am waiting for my food, another car pulls up in the drive through. So, we are now looking straight on into the other car, and everyone in it is cracking up laughing. I guess I would too if I saw a car going through the drive through backwards. Anyways, I get my food. The worker says "what the hell" one more time (vocabulary eluded her), and we backed out of the drive through and headed home to eat our food and laugh.
So, the moral of these stories? If you need to make a Del Taco run, make sure Ben is driving and that I am there. It tends to be quite hilareous.
No comments:
Post a Comment