Hello! I'm finally getting around to finishing my Year in Review! Only a few days late! This last installment is my personal year in review... the Top 10 things from my past year. 2014 was a pretty cool year. I mean, I got to spend a couple weeks in Central Oregon, I went to Spring Training again, and I recently took a wine country trip as well!
So here's what I've determined to be my top 10 events from 2014. Enjoy!
10. Elton John and Lindsey Stirling Concerts: I was fortunate enough to go to two awesome concerts in 2014. In May, I went to San Francisco with Jessica, Keith and his wife, and Erika to see Lindsay Stirling...a favorite of ours. If you've never seen her, look her up on You Tube...she's a lotta fun! It was a great concert...and super entertaining. Very, very worth it. The other concert was a birthday present...an October 2nd Elton John concert in San Jose! Jessica bought my ticket for me and took me along with my parents to see Sir Elton. And, while he can no longer hit ALL the notes, he still sings and plays the crap out of all the classics! A super entertaining night!
9. Las Vegas for Jess's Birthday: Last year, Jess and I went to Las Vegas for my birthday. So this year, I returned the favor. Jess and I stayed at the Aria...a super swank hotel that was phenomenally well located and very very nice. We saw the show Absynthe at Caesars, which is super super funny. And otherwise, we ate at nice restaurants, wandered the strip, and had a great time! I do love Vegas...
8. Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend: The weekend after going to Las Vegas, Jess and I joined with my parents to head down to Disneyland for Labor Day weekend! The mission...compete in the Disneyland 10k for the second year in a row. The run was still lots of fun...as it winds through the back lots and the theme parks in Anaheim. And this year I got to run it without having JUST had an appendectomy...which is legit. Outside of the run, we got to go on all our favorite rides, eat at our favorite restaurants, and have a ton of fun in the Happiest Place on Earth!
7. San Diego for Easter: This year for Easter, Jessica and I joined my parents in San Diego for a few days. During that time, we went to Sea World, the Air and Space Museum at Balboa Park, ...oh and had some delicious margaritas at Cafe Coyote!
It was a great time...as San Diego always is.
6. A New Member of the Family: Meet Joey! A new brother for Odin.
Joey joined us when Jess and I adopted him in mid-October. He's a total sweetheart. He likes to head butt you when he wants attention. And he's very curious...he's ventured to the top of the fridge (and taught Odin how to get up there as well), and likes to go into the kitchen cabinets. He's a goof...and a very awesome addition to the household!
5. A Few Days in Wine Country: During the time between Christmas and New Years this year, Jessica and I joined my parents and my grandma for a quick 3 day, 2 night trip into Wine Country! And it was very very nice. Sunday was spent in the Russian River area (where the picture below is taken...that's from Fog Crest winery). Monday was in the Alexander Valley area. And Tuesday saw a quick stop through Napa Valley before heading home. And this was an awesome trip. Traveling with my parents is always fun. And they introduced Jess and I to some awesome wineries (one of which we are now members of). We came home with 22 bottles of wine, haha! Yeah, we had a good time. Oh, and it was gorgeous! Thanks mom and dad!
4. Spring Training in Arizona: The annual spring training trip happened again! And we added a day! And we packed them full of sporting events! It was hypercompetent! We saw 5 spring training baseball games, a college baseball game, and a hockey game in 4 days! Yeah, we did it right. The picture below is also one of my favorites...as its the 4 of us who were on the trip...all supporting a different team! Haha, all in all, another awesome trip in sunny Arizona. Can't wait to go back this year.
3. Two weeks in Central Oregon: The big family vacation this year was a trip to Central Oregon...which I really love! Central Oregon is gorgeous...with the trees, and the snow capped mountains...its just so picturesque. It's also an outdoors mecca of sorts. During two weeks there, I went running almost every day on the trails of Sunriver, went mountain biking a couple times, canoeing, hiking, cave exploration, golfing, and whitewater rafting! Not to mention the sightseeing...the High Desert Museum, Paulina and East Lakes, Lava Butte, etc. Its hard to put succinctly how awesome Central Oregon is. I'll just show some pictures!
2. Visiting Baby Sister in New Hampshire: I got to see my Baby Sister this fall for the first time in a couple years! Jessica and I joined my parents on their October trip to New Hampshire to see Erin and Mike. It was a very fun trip. Erin and Mike have a very nice house. And...ok, New Hampshire is gorgeous!
The leaves there in the fall are very pretty. We did go to Salem, MA to check out the witch hunt stuff..it was overly crowded. But the rest of the weekend was pretty awesome! Hanging out around NH, seeing the family. Oh, and then on Monday, before flying home we drove around to see the sights. That included going to Maine to take in the Nubble Lighthouse!
It was a super fun trip...and I cannot wait to go back.
1. Moving in with Jessica: So I might sound like a broken record at this point...but my top event of the year once again involves wonderful, beautiful Jessica. This year, when my lease in Mountain View ended, Chris and I parted ways for the first time in 5 years...and I moved in with Jessica in her condo in Santa Clara! It's been...awesome. We just get along so well. We're constantly on the same page, we care about each other deeply...and we just, quite simply, enjoy spending time together! Even if we're doing nothing. I'd say that's pretty awesome!
Last year I remarked about how amazing it was to be "the guy" for someone. And, you know what??? It's still awesome! For reasons I still don't fully comprehend, this beautiful, smart, funny, talented girl still keeps me around. It's been over a year and a half now...and things are even better today than when we first started dating all the way back in 2013. This year we went from virtually inseparable...to living together! And it is awesome. 2014 was a great year, and it was in large part due to Jessica.
Jessica, you are amazing, and I'm looking forward to the next year together!
So, yeah, things are moving along swimmingly for me! Here's to an even better 2015!



1 comment:
Yay! You had a great year. Glad we got to be part of it.
Post a Comment