May 16, 2012

The New 5 Week Workout Plan

So, with P90X officially done with this week's "rest week," I need the next challenge.  I will be running in a half marathon in November...but training for that won't start until Labor Day.  Between now and then, I still need to keep myself occupied.

My Las Vegas trip is 6 weeks away.  Seems like a nice timeframe to shoot for.  So, starting Monday the 21st of May, I'm going to go on a 5 week workout program that will combine bike riding, running, P90X, P90X+, and then the random softball game or golf league match.  I had to take into account travel days, and gave myself every Sunday off.  The end game here is to be in the best possible shape before Las Vegas... just because.  5 weeks of hard workout days...followed by a month of taking it easy (Vegas and Oregon trips will make a structured workout routine impossible anyways).

So, here's the schedule as it stands right now:


Monday May 21:  15 mile bike ride.  P90X Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps
Tuesday May 22:  9 holes golf, Plyometrics
Wednesday May 23:  5 mile run.  P90X+ Upper Body.  Softball.
Thursday May 24:  15 mile bikeride.
Friday May 25:  5 mile run.  P90X Back and Biceps.  Softball
Saturday May 26:  In Ventura (walk, run, something small)
Sunday May 27:  In Ventura (rest day)

Monday May 28:  In Ventura (P90X+ Interval X when I get home)
Tuesday May 29:  5 mile run.  P90X+ Total Body.
Wednesday May 30:  Plyometrics. Softball.
Thursday May 31:  15 mile bike ride.  P90X Chest and Back
Friday June 1:  In Williams (treadmill run)
Saturday June 2:  In Williams (Gym workout – Legs and Shoulders)
Sunday June 3:  In Williams (rest day)

Monday June 4:  5 mile run.  P90X Shoulders and Arms.
Tuesday June 5:  9 holes golf.  P90X Interval X.
Wednesday June 6:  15 mile bikeride.  P90X+ Upper Body.
Thursday June 7:  7 mile run.
Friday June 8:  P90X+ Total Body.  Softball.
Saturday June 9:  In Whittier (hotel treadmill hopefully)
Sunday June 10:  In Whittier (rest day)

Monday June 11:  15 mile bike ride.  P90X Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps.
Tuesday June 12:  18 holes golf.  Plyometrics.
Wednesday June 13:  5 mile run.  P90X Legs and Back. Softball
Thursday June 14:  15 Mile bike ride.  
Friday June 15:  5 mile run.  P90X Back and Biceps.
Saturday June 16:  30 mile bike ride.
Sunday June 17:  rest day

Monday June 18:  P90X Total Body.
Tuesday June 19:  Interval X.
Wednesday June 20:  5 mile run.  P90X Upper Body.  Softball
Thursday June 21:  15 mile bike ride.
Friday June 22:  5 mile run.  P90X Legs and Back.
Saturday June 23:  30 mile bike ride.
Sunday June 24:  rest day

Biking distances may change...especially those later Saturday rides...I just plan on riding til I don't feel like it anymore those days.  And its possible I will die...so there's always that.  If this schedule proves to be a little too daunting, I may cut back a bit.  But it seems super doable.  And should rip me up pretty good.  If I can survive this kind of a schedule, I can pretty much do whatever I want, right?

So, anyone care to join me for the 5 week workout program?  It'll take supreme will power and discipline...but it's totally worth it in the end!

Wish me luck!  Vegas here I come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a gym as well as beaches and hiking in Ventura

JMB

Jason said...

Wow, you've created quite the monster here. I wish my shoulder was healthy enough to keep up with you!