The worst work day of the year is always the first day back from vacation. This is true for multiple reasons, the main reason being that your brain is still on vacation and does not want to return to work. This has been negated, slightly, by me getting back on Thursday night, and having all weekend to recover. But still, the weekend did not feel like a weekend, my internal body clock has been all out of whack. I've been in 3 different time zones this week. Insanity.
Coming back to work after an extended absense is also somewhat nuts, because of all the work that piled up when you were away. Luckily, I got all my bigger projects done before I left, so there wasn't much waiting here for me this morning. Just a backlog of mail and invoices, and then an ES&H Manual to finalize, get signed, and get issued. Easy.
So, for me, coming back to work really wasn't a big deal...other than my brain is still on vacation. Which is weird, because by the end of the vacation I was definately ready to come home and sleep in my own bed and see my kitty. But, good times have a way of sticking with you. I'd be much happier if I was waking up today to see a game at Wrigley than I was waking up to go to work. But such is life. I need to make money since I spent all I had on the vacation.
Anyways, on that note, I am working on the Q's Adventures for this trip. However, it's taking a long time, and my brain is fried and not working properly at the moment. We did a ton of stuff. Like literally, a ton. And organizing it is giving me fits. Should I organize it by day, like a narrative of the trip...should I break it up into baseball parks and then other stuff? I dunno. And I'll need to get some pictures in there. Anyways, should have it out by Wednesday or so. In the mean time, feel free to browse through my pictures on facebook. I took about 1230 pictures on this trip...but pared it down to 160 or so for the facebook album. It's a pretty good rundown of my trip in and of itself.
OK. Back to work...and back to writing the trip recap. Cheers!
Oh, and this happens to be the 400th post of my blogging career! Not too shabby. Nothing special this time around...I'll save that for the 500th post!
1 comment:
can't wait for the write up!
JMB
Post a Comment