July 04, 2011

MMR: Happy 4th of July!

Today is one of my favorite holidays of all time. The 4th of July is the quintessential American holiday. Even more so than Thanksgiving. The 4th is all about BBQing, swimming in the pool, enjoying the sun, and blowing things up. There is literally nothing more American than that!

The 4th of July used to always be my favorite holiday. Every year, seemingly, I'd have people over to the house for pool parties, BBQ, and evening fireworks. Always a blast. I'd look forward to it every year. Now that we've all gotten older and moved away and whatnot, this no longer seems to be viable. Pool parties like the days of yore just aren't as easy to get people over to. However, I still try to get to some fireworks or whatever. Maybe I should try rocking the 4th of July in other places! Maybe go to Tahoe, or DC or something. Could be fun. Its probably why New Years Eve has become my favorite holiday. It's one holiday where I take off and go somewhere fun, pretty much every year lately.

In either case, I do still love the 4th. This year I'm going to a friend's house for a water gun fight and whatnot, then home to my parents' for evening fireworks. So, yeah, should be fun enough!

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: