May 14, 2011

Q's Month in Tennessee: Update 2

So, I feel like I should write an update...but it will be brief, because I have done little more than work. Yes, I am here to work, and thus, I have been working. Last week I put in about 50 hours...but it was heavily back loaded. Nearly half of them came in the last two days. However, those long days put me in a position to not have to work yet this weekend, so that's always nice.

I'm not working today (Saturday), but I am on call, and might have to go in tomorrow. So no big trips to see the area for me...yet. Besides, its pouring rain right now. Don't really want to go out. But, I've been here for 2 weeks so far, so that means its time for a maintenance day. By that, I mean, I've run out of clothes. And I'm running out of food. So today I am doing my laundry (the hotel has a free laundry room for guests...which is really convenient). I was going to walk across the street to go shopping, but as I said, its pouring rain. I'll have to go tomorrow morning...before the afternoon storms come in.

One issue with my schedule and where I am in Tennessee...its at least a 2 hour drive to see anything worthwhile in the area. So when I'm on call for work, and having just worked 11-12 hours a day the last few days...the last thing I want to do is jump in the car and drive for hours to see something, and then drive for hours back. It just doesn't seem that appealing to me. So, sadly, I haven't seen much of the area yet. If I get next weekend off (my last weekend here!), I really am going to try for some driving around and seeing the area. I won't have to do laundry, or go shopping...so assuming I'm not on call, maybe I can spend a day or two doing Eastern Tennessee and Kentucky.

For now, though, its just work work work. You know what they say, all work and no play makes Patrick a dull boy...and it also makes for a dull blog.

But, um, GO SHARKS! At least there's that...

Until next time...cheers!

No comments: