September 08, 2007

Goodbye Davis, Hello....um...????

Well, here I am, my first completely Davis-free weekend, and I honestly do not know what to think. I mean, I'm glad to be out of that shithole of a house, but now it's official...I'm a soon to be 24 year old living with my parents. Wait, I'll back up. Let me start at the beginning.

Our lease ran out on August 31st. And, since we weren't in college anymore, 2802 was forced to break up. Not that this was entirely a bad thing. Ever since I stopped living there full time in February, the house had gone to shit. Mojo was still living there (he left in July, finally), and leaving a pile of beer cans and cigarette butts wherever he went. Unfortunately, that was tame compared to the monster that lived upstairs named Chris. Chris is a full fledged alcoholic (something we didn't know when we brought him in to live with us). He left empty beer cans and bottle and empty alcohol bottles everywhere he went. Not to mention the mess of candy and chip wrappers, etc. It was brutal. He messed up his room so bad (you couldn't see the floor through the trash) that he ended up basically living in the living room for the last few months (doing the same thing to our main room). Dan went and mostly lived with Jonelle, refusing to clean on his own. And Kent was too lazy to help Dan clean. As I said, shithole.

Thus, when it came time to clean the house, Chris, of course, left and went to Vegas instead. Also instead of returning the movies he borrowed from me in the beginning of the year (ones I had been asking back far 6 months), he threw them in the trash. I found two of them...im pretty brutal shape. I'm still missing 4.

Anyways, Kent, Dan, and I were left to clean up his mess. It was brutal. We spend a good, oh, 17 hours on the house on that Thursday, and another 2 or 3 on the Friday we were expected out. And most of it wasn't our mess. Dan and I hadn't really been living there, and Kent's mess was contained to his own room. It was all Chris's mess. Obviously, not exactly a fun weekend.

Anyways, we finally got out of there, and I took my last trip home with the very last of my stuff (a mattress, a box of stuff, not too terribly much overall). And now here I am.

First, the positives:

-I am very glad I have my stuff out of that house. It was gross. I wouldn't let my friends come over when I went to Davis on weekends because it was horrendous.

-I am glad I don't have to make the drive to Davis very often anymore. I have like two friends living there right now. So, I can go see them every now and then, but I'll make them come visit me most likely for a while. Some of my friends have returned to the Bay Area! Which will be cool if we get to hang out from time to time.

-I'm glad I'm free of Davis's rent. It was brutal having to pay that while not living there.

-I'm glad to be free of Davis. Davis is a horrible wretch of a town...full of hippie liberals and soccer moms with too much time on their hands. That is all.

However, there are a few things I'll miss about having my house up there:

-I loved having a place to escape to while living at home with my parents. I love my parents, but being at home is brutal sometimes. I liked having a place to go and see my friends.

-I'll miss living with my friends. Even on down nights in Davis, Kent and I could just hang out and talk, or watch a movie, or whatever. We'd go to dinner together (sometimes with Dan too when he wasn't in Sac with Jonelle), and there was just always something to do. Home is boring.


I just feel like I'm at a point in my life where I don't exactly know what I want to do (I mean, I'm working for my dad part time right now, but I can't do that forever...but right now, I don't know where I want to go), but I do know I want to be around my friends and have something to do on evenings. No one lives in the South County anymore, except Tony, who I see on occasion. But he has a fiancee and works a ton. On occasion is about the best I can hope for. The best parts of my days are talking to my friends on the phone (mostly Bubba and Kent, who are doing their best to keep me sane). I dunno, I jsut feel like I'm stuck in a rut in my life, and I don't see a way out of it anytime soon.

Ah well, I'll figure it out. Part of me wants to move somewhere like San Francisco, with some friends. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be bored there (despite the hippies). Or maybe take off and live somewhere like San Diego or New York City (I know, two polar opposites...but both places I wouldn't mind living). Maybe I should just start looking for jobs and see where it takes me.

Ugh, someone come visit me. MoHill isn't exactly fun, but it'd be nice to have something to do stuff with!

1 comment:

LifeBlog said...

Have you thought about visiting the great state of MI?