September 01, 2006

Happy September!

So, holy crap, its September of 2006 already! One month until I am 23 (which still seems weird. 22 didnt seem like any big deal, but 23 freaks me out...I dunno). However, my last month as a 22 year old is shaping up to be a good one.

I only have two weeks of summer school left, and then I get some time off to hang out. Summer school should pass without incident. I really only have the final paper left to do. Not too demanding.

The A's are making their push for the postseason (and doing so quite well, I might add). Thus, I will have to trek out to Oakland a few times this month. I'm gonna go get me a Frank Thomas bobblehead on Tuesday. Then I also plan to hit the final home series (the 22nd - 24th) against the Angels. If we stay up where we are in the standings, I could see them clinch!

Also, FOOTBALL SEASON IS STARTING!!!!!111one11! I can't friggin wait. I get to go to the Niners game on the 24th with Matt (thanks to his generous parents and him remembering me :) ). That should be friggin awesome, watching the Niners absolutely destroy the Eagles. B-E-A-UTIFUL.

I also plan on taking a trip to LA the week of the 18th through the 21st. I have vouchers to go see the Dodgers play, and I wanna use them. I also hope to catch up with some friends and such while I am down there (and hopefully mooch a place to crash too, hahaha...what better way to get to hang out!). I'm really looking forward to that. Kent and I will go down maybe that monday night, and leave thursday or friday, depending on what there is to do and such. Should be fun.

Oh, if you are in the LA area in mid september, and wanna see me (or Kent, i guess), lemme know. I'll start getting firm plans hammered out here soon.

My final quarter in college starts at the end of the month, which is kinda scary, but also cool. Its only scary because I dunno what I'm gonna do afterwards. I'll have to find work, and pay bills, and be an adult...which sucks. But I am getting tired of school, so I'm ready to be done.

Oh, and in the in game world, I will spend this month slowly taking over the reins of The Pantheon as its new guildmaster. This means nothing to those of you who are unfamiliar with WoW, but its kinda a big deal, and I'm looking forward to that challenge. While it is only an online video game, it is a chance to be the leader of a large group of people, which should teach me some life lesson or something about myself, I am sure.

This month I will also get my CBEST passing scores back. As you can tell, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna not only pass, but pass really highly. Then when I get my degree I can substitute teach! Hooray something to do! I don't really wanna be a teacher, but I could see myself as a pretty good sub for a bit.

I also hope to get either a day trip or an overnight camping trip to Tahoe in as well. I haven't been to Tahoe in ages, and I would really like to go hang out there on the lake for a day or two. Sounds like fun. Lemme know if this sounds like fun to you too, and we'll plan something.


That is it. Should be a good month. Hope you all have as much fun as I plan to...and if you aren't just tag along wherever I go. I'm planning on having a blast :) It's my last real hurrah before my life ends and I'm an adult and all that stupid real life stuff happens (see above), so I intend to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'll probably be working, because that's all I do. Ever. But if I'm not I soo want to come watch the Angels stomp the A's....err other way around?? :) If you'll let me tag along I might even leave my rally monkey at home.

-Jo

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I hate to point out that once you start working, and making money, the money does allow you the ability to go and have fun in various places. I also think that the trick is to find a job that you love. Believe or not, they do exist. You might not find it immediately, but I think it is out there somewhere.

Love,
Mom